"Usha Die Casting Industries (Industrial Equipment Division)" Specializes in the Custom Design & Manufacture of SYMBIOSIS Brand
Industrial Fans and Blowers
in materials of construction like MS, CS, SS, FRP Lined and in Impeller types like Backward Curved and Radial Blades.
We offer a complete range of Sizes and Impeller Designs which allow us to meet all Industrial Air Moving requirements. Our company success is based upon our Experience, High degree of flexibility, Excellent product range and a Strong commitment to Quality Assurance.
Regardless of the type of fan we recognize that Reliability is of prime importance. We understand that downtime is expensive for our clients and we do the Utmost to Design and Build our Fans with Reliability and Low Maintenance in mind.
We cater to numerous applications for Blowers in industries and areas like.
|Aluminum Smelters||Textile machinery|
|Fertilizer & Petrochemical industry ||Oil & Gas Exploration Installations|
|Fumes Exhaust for Welding and Painting ||Chemical & Paper Industry|
|Air Pollution Control systems ||Coal Handling|
|Incineration ||Cement & Lime|
|Wooden Furniture manufacturing||Pharmaceutical & Dairy|
|Man cooling application in hot areas||Foundries|
The design of a centrifugal fan is mainly determined by the geometrical conditions of the installation. The following gives an overview of our most common designs. In addition we manufacture a large number of special designs to customer specifications.
- Direct Drive :- In most cases one attempts to use a direct drive. It is more compact, has less parts to be serviced and in most cases is cheaper than other designs.
- V-Belt Drive :- When fan speeds that cannot be achieved with direct drives or there are installation specific requirements, a V- belt drive is used. The motor mounting can be done in a number of different ways.
- Coupling Drive :- For accommodating a starting torque or variable torque e.g. when using the fan for material transport to be dampened while protecting the motor, then a drive using an elastic coupling is being used.
- Drive Positions :- Installation positions and direction of rotation of the Impeller for Centrifugal Fans defined from the Drive Side is given as below
Optimized Direct Drive Selection :-
- Outlet positions viewed from Drive side
- Fan Construction as per Application needs
As compared to belt-drive fan arrangements, direct drive fans are more compact, require less maintenance, and generally have a lower first cost. However, relative to belt-drive fans, they are limited in application, size, available features, and the ability to adjust to performance.
A major objection to direct-drive arrangements in the past was the inability to adjust fan speed if system requirements changed. With the advent of variable frequency drives (VFDs) the speed, and therefore performance, of direct-drive fans can now be adjusted to meet varying requirements.
Given the variety of operating speeds available, the only cost-effective method for selecting today’s direct-drive fans is software selection programs of SYMBIOSIS Blowers.
Optimized V Belt Drive Selection :-
In the lower horsepower ranges, V-belt drive selection is relatively simple, but as horsepower
requirements increase, V-belt drive selection becomes more complicated and requires more consideration of the drive’s effects on fan and motor bearings.
Optimized Heat Application Selection :-
Fans handling hot airstream must be kept in operation after system shutdown until the airstream cools below 125°C. to prevent damage to the fan. The fan Impeller or shaft might otherwise distort due to “heat-soaking.” The shaft cooler is only effective while rotating. Burners should be located so that the air is thoroughly mixed before entering the fan inlet. Improper placement could cause hot spots on the fan wheel which exceed maximum design temperatures.
Plug units Selection for Air Recirculating requirements :-
Plug units are solidly welded, non-overloading fans which can be square panel mounted to the side or top of oven dryer panel. The mounting panel is insulated. These fans are designed for internal operation in furnaces, ovens or kilns where air has to be exhausted, re-circulated, or distributed. Plug units eliminate duct work and special mounting platforms.
Construction Features :-
Impeller Designs :-
- Heavy-gauge welded components provide structural strength and durability.
- Continuously welded housings provide the strongest possible construction.
- Shafting is straightened to close-tolerance to minimize “run out” and ensure smooth operation.
- Lifting eyes provided on all fans.
- Impellers are dynamically balanced
- Bearings are selected to provide long service life through the entire operating range of the fan.
Radial bladed impeller is non-clogging and is suitable for heavy dust loadings and materials handling. Although this design is less efficient than a backward bladed impeller, this fan can withstand the impact of large solids and the self-cleaning blade configuration prevents the accumulation of residue on the impeller.
Backward Curved Impeller designs generally represent High Efficiency and cost effective Centrifugal Fans for both clean air and light dust loads. The absorbed power curve has a flat peak non-overloading characteristic. Peak efficiency point is on the steeply rising portion of the pressure curve and vastly superior to forward curved and radial wheel designs.
Sound levels for these designs are lowest with the most efficient fan selections.
Special & Customized Constructions :-
Balancing & Vibration :-
- Elevated Temperature Fans :- Fans can be constructed for elevated temperature operation with the addition of shaft cooler and guard and high-temperature paint. Note that the maximum safe Impeller speeds decrease as airstream temperatures increases.
- Spark Resistant Construction for Fans :- Intended to minimize the potential for any two or more fan components to generate sparks within the airstream by rubbing or striking during operation. This is generally exclusively customized as per specific application and requirements of the customer.
- Corrosive Applications :- Special steels or FRP Coating or Rubber Lining is offered for corrosive environment operation of fans.
There are many factors that can have a substantial effect on the Vibration level of air movement equipment; such as Wheel balance, Rotational speed, Drive components, Motor operation and Wiring. Providing equipment that operates well within acceptable Vibration levels requires Consistent Quality in Production and attention to details. At UDCI, we spend the extra time and money required to make this kind of commitment.
Vibration is defined as "the Alternating mechanical motion of an elastic system, components of which are Amplitude, Frequency and Phase." The two components of Vibration that demand utmost attention are Amplitude and Frequency. Amplitude defines how far the Rotating body moves from the center rotating axis, and the frequency is the number of cycles, or revolutions that occur within a specified time period.
To enquire about the desired product(s), just check the box and then click “Inquiry Now” button which is provided below.